I feel like there are certain staples everyone should have in their wardrobe, so you have a solid base on which to build fabulous looks and whatnot. Although my wardrobe is an amalgamation of unorganised nonsense 99.9% of the time, I always like to make sure I have the following things in my wardrobe:
1. A nice quality plain white tshirt. Chuck it over leggings with a leather jacket and you have a transitional day to night look. Boom.
2. A good fitting pair of jeans. I usually opt for stretchy ones, as they're comfy and they make one's butt look majestic.
3. A blazer. Always good to have a smart looking jacket in tow in case of job interviews, meetings and other such things where you have to look like you have your shit together. Plus, you can throw a blazer over some jeans, add heels and a bralet and you have a nice date look too.
4. A coat. DAMNIT GET A COAT. That's actually warm and not just pretty! You will thank yourself in winter. Just be sensible and have a coat.
5. A pair of trainers you keep in (relatively) good condition. Looks sick with a pair of peg trousers for a smart casual look. Plus, trainers are comfy and great.
So bearing in mind staple number 2, I of course should have a pair of mom jeans. Right? That's only fair? Well apparently I can't because I can't find any which fit well and are in my price range. As a pear shaped gal especially, I've found it hard to find a pair which have enough give to allow for my butt (I need a lot of give...) but aren't huge on the waist. I did have this beauteous Boohoo pair (pictured below), however I had a real life wardrobe malfunction and they ripped all the way from my knee to my very very upper thigh. I WEEP.
And so, I ask you, the reader, WHERE CAN I FIND A PAIR? I'm taking suggestions. Everyone else seems to be having a fab Mom jean experience but me. Comment below if you have any recommendations or chat to me on Twitter, @kittyunderhillx.
When I did have my mom jeans (RIP, literally), my favourite thing to wear them with was this super versatile ribbed leotard from Boohoo. If you hadn't noticed, I'm a Boohoo fiend.
What I'm Wearing:
Coat: Missguided (you can find more fab Missguided coats here)